Many times we think happiness depends upon our circumstances. If circumstances are good, we will be happy and if circumstances are worse, we will feel sad. But truth is far away from this. Circumstances doesn’t define anyone’s happiness, it’s our own mindset that is responsible for all the things. Confused !! Let me explain with one short example.
Once there were 2 patients in a room. One was Mr. Singh, a blind person & other was Mr. John suffering from cancer. When Mr. Singh keeps on cursing god for the accident and blindness. Mr. John keep praising god for all the good things he was blessed in his whole life. One day Mr. Singh said, ‘Mr. John I don’t have my eyes, so could you please to tell what you are seeing outside the window.’
Mr. John replied, ‘it’s awesome weather outside. Birds are flying in the sky, Kids are playing, women are singing and senior citizen are walking around, I’m seeing many colorful cars in the parking lot.’
Mr. Singh said, I just love everything you told, but unfortunately I lost my eyes in an accident. I’m not feeling happy, why god has done this with me.? I want to convey one thing, you are very lucky Mr. John, at least you have your eyes.
From then Onward, Mr. John keeps explaining outside scenes to Mr. Singh and they both laugh, smile and enjoy every thing happening outside the window. One day, Mr. John was taken to another hospital, so bed near to window was empty. When Doctor came for regular visit, Mr Singh asked for a favor. He requested to shift his bed towards the window area.
There was a pin drop silent in the room and then the doctor said, Mr. Singh We know you are blind, but who told you about window in this room? We don’t have any window in this entire hospital. It was shocking for Mr. Singh but he was laughing out loud. He realized, that the happiness and peace he was searching outside, Mr. John found that inside and he was not dependent upon the circumstances. His cancer disease, age & a closed room were not the things to decide about his happiness. His mindset was aligned to live the life on fullest.
So here in this blog we will get to know about the 7 rules to be happy.
1. Practice Smile– Smile, the best thing in the world. It gives you comfort, happiness and decreases your tension. So everyone should hold smile on face, and seriously it’s not difficult at all. We think that happiness or smiles comes when we get some thing good in our life, but we have created our own world with these rules. Just be baby once, remove sadness and get the smile on your face. Read more on 7 Ways To Make Smile Perfect
2. Take a walk into the nature– It’s good to spend time with nature. Either go for some morning walk or take a short walk after dinner because nature has the power to make your mental health stronger and helps to reduce your depression. Take some time out for plantation or gardening, it too helps you to have a peaceful mind.
3. Be positive- Whenever you feel sad or in depression, just remember your all positive memories. Memories that once made you smiling. Keep practicing to increase your positive memories, you can do this by jotting down every positive memories you feel. And when you’ll have more positive memories, it will automatically lower your negative memories.
4. Be Grateful- Who doesn’t want to be appreciated for their efforts? Saying thanks can be a gift, and the other person feels good after accepting this. Gratitude doesn’t means selecting or carrying some fake lies that everything’s fine and dandy. Living your life with gratitude means choosing to focus for good things. Don’t save your gratitude for some big achievement in life. The habit of being grateful starts with appreciating every good thing in life and recognizing that there is nothing too small for you to be thankful for.
5. Exercise daily- Exercise daily doesn’t mean to join any gym or go for heavy workout it just means any small effort that can make you feel more energetic. You can try for morning walk with friends or family. Morning fresh air are good for your health also. Even you can join some yoga classes too. In case you have some issue with timings or price, there are many videos of practicing yoga on YouTube. Just go through the channel and try it. Morning walk, Gym or yoga will boost your energy. You’ll feel convince and definitely it will keep you smiling always.
6. Get good sleep- You will read about many leaders that they sleep for 4-5 hours, but an average sleep should be of 6-7 hours. Good sleep can lower your mental stress, helps our body recover from the day hardwork and repair itself and helps us to focus in our work, which results into more productive.
7. Spend time with loved ones– All of us are so occupied in our lives either in chasing our dreams or spending maximum time on social media. It’s good to be on social media, but the most important thing is to spend time with your loved ones. No matter how busy you are, your loved ones need you. The same way you needed them in your childhood. Today everyone is active on thousand app, but we have to change this trend for being happy in our life. Spend some time with your loved ones. If required cut down your social media platform for 3-4 hours on weekends, even you can switch off your phone also. Spending time with family will help you to bond and understand one another. Read more on Importance of Family
Everyone can remain happy and it all depends upon you. So just follow the above rules and try to implement it in your life. Let’s make our surrounding more smiling & happy. Do share this blog with you loved ones.
Happy Reading 🙂